Let's Hoot Initial Consultation
A Let's Hoot Initial Consultation is your first step in establishing services with our office.
Eligibility: Services are free and available to KSU students who are currently enrolled and taking classes.
To schedule a virtual initial consultation, students need to:
- Email us at email@example.com using your student email account.
- We will send students an email response that includes information about TeleMental Health and asks for some information.
- Respond to our email with the requested information.
- Once we receive your response, your initial consultation day/time is scheduled.
The day of your appointment - Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a Microsoft Teams meeting invitation on the morning of your appointment. Included in the invitation will be a link to our online new client forms. You will be asked to complete a few forms prior to your meeting time.
Tell us about YOU - You will meet with a counselor for appoximately 30 minutes and discuss what will be most helpful for you.
Make a Plan - We always try to recommend a plan that is based on each student's unique needs. We frequently recommend skill-building workshops, group counseling, individual counseling, and off-campus services that may be a better fit.
How shoud I prepare for a telemental health video session with my counselor? We're glad you asked!
- Make sure you have downloaded Microsoft Teams on a device that has a video camera and microphone. You will log in to Microsoft Teams using your student net id and password.
- Find a private space where you can speak freely and openly without being overheard or interrupted by others. You may need to ask others in your space to respect your privacy by doing things like turning on entertainment in another room or listening to something on headphones.
- Try to arrange yourself in an as session-like position as you can. Settle into a nice comfortable seat. Avoid lying down or watching TV. A workspace environment would be best.
Please note that per Georgia Law, students under the age of 18 will need parent/guardian consent in order to receive counseling services.
The provision of counseling services is regulated by each state; thus, if you do not reside in Georgia we will discuss what your state permits us to provide for you.