Psychiatric clinicians are available to assist students experiencing a wide array of issues, including anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns.
Students may access psychiatric services in the following situations:
- You would like to consider psychotropic medication as a part of your treatment.
- Your CPS counselor recommends a psychiatric or medication evaluation.
To obtain psychiatric services at CPS:
- If you are already a CPS client, talk with your counselor about a referral for medication evaluation.
- If you are new to CPS, attend a Let’s Hoot Initial Consultation and discuss the need for medication evaluation with a counselor.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- CPS does not provide evaluations or medication for ADHD.
If you are interested in being evaluated for ADHD, we recommend that you discuss your concerns with an off-campus Primary Care Physician or Psychiatrist. If you need additional assistance with referrals, please contact our Case Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high demand for services, preference for psychiatric appointments is for students who are currently prescribed psychotropic medication and are seeking an adjustment or change in medication. Convenience is not considered a sufficient reason to transfer psychiatric care to CPS.