Psychiatry Services

Psychiatric clinicians are available to assist students experiencing a wide array of issues, including anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns.

Students may access psychiatric services in the following situations:

  • You would like to consider psychotropic medication as a part of your treatment.
  • Your CPS counselor recommends a psychiatric or medication evaluation.

For Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

  • CPS does not provide ADHD evaluations and only prescribes medication for students who have previously been diagnosed and treated with medication. Stimulant medication will not be prescribed if there has been at least a six-month break in treatment and/or usage.
  • If you would like to discuss transferring your ADHD treatment to CPS, you will need to provide medical records including the medication log and/or psychological testing. Once the records are reviewed and determined to be sufficient for transfer of care to CPS, our front office staff will call you to schedule an appointment.  
  • If you are seeking an ADHD evaluation, please make an appointment with a member of the case management team who can provide resources and/or referral for an evaluation.

Due to the high demand for services, preference for psychiatric appointments is for students who are currently prescribed psychotropic medication and are seeking an adjustment or change in medication. Convenience is not considered a sufficient reason to transfer psychiatric care to CPS. 

To obtain psychiatric services at CPS:

  • If you are already a CPS client, talk with your counselor about a referral for medication evaluation. 
  • If you are new to CPS, attend a Let’s Hoot walk-in consultation and discuss the need for medication evlauation with a counselor.